How To Get Out Of Bed
Written by: Nicola Atkinson
Cole is one of five roommates living in a tiny apartment. He comes across a story that links a Canadian multinational company to a garment factory collapse in Bangladesh, which claimed over one thousand lives. He, and everyone in the apartment, subsequently encounters fundamental questions about status, power, structure and censorship. This is a fictional story inspired by true events. How To Get Out of Bed is about what happens when we become disillusioned by the many broken systems masquerading as functional structures.
STAY TUNED FOR INFO ABOUT UPCOMING AUDITIONS!
• Text Development Fall 2015, Byron Bay, Australia
• Text Workshop July 2016, The Kitchen, Toronto, 2016
• Writing Retreat, September 2016, Hermitage Lake, Eganville Ontario
• Reading October 2016, Tarragon Theatre, Toronto
• Reading June 2017, The Kitchen, Toronto